If you’re looking for a stunning new home that can offer a family-oriented community, incredible mountain views and close proximity to amenities and commuter routes, Canyon Heights is the answer to your prayers. An extremely well-preserved neighbourhood, Canyon Heights has an abundance of green space and superb access to hiking and running trails. What’s more, it neighbours the beautiful Capilano River Regional Park. If you’re looking for a place to call home, choose Canyon Heights.
One of the largest neighborhoods in North Vancouver, Canyon Heights stretches from Mosquito Creek, in the eastern part of the region, to Capilano, on the west side. This beautiful neighbourhood embodies the best North Vancouver has to offer.
This area is well-suited for families and retirees looking to join a tight-knit community. Most houses are detached, with 92% owning property, and the remaining 8% renting. Between four and five people occupy each property, with an average age of 41 years. 63% of Canyon Heights residents are married. In general, the average benchmark for properties tends to be between $1 and 2 million.
Although some houses are fairly new constructions, you would never know the neighbourhood has changed at all because of how well-maintained and tidy it appears. Most homes in the area tend to be single-family detatched houses on medium to large sized lots, usually 40 years or younger, with the vast majority being remodelled 1950’s bungalows.
Canyon Heights is in a great location, within arm’s reach of popular attractions, including Grouse Mountain, and the Capilano Suspension Bridge. The Cleveland Dam, which sits on top of Canyon Heights’ neighbour, the Capilano River Regional Park, is a great place to explore, with a number of trails, one of which leads to the Capilano Canyon. The Capilano Salmon Hatchery is also well worth a visit, where visitors can learn about the lifecycle of salmon. Another popular trail is the peaceful Mosquito Creek Trail, which runs from the Mosquito Creek Ravine up to Grouse Mountain to where the power lines cross the Creek.
With amenities nearby, Canyon Heights has an array of dining spots for residents to enjoy. The Capilano Heights Chinese Food Restaurant is known among locals as the North Shore’s best Chinese Food, and Sushi Mori is popular new sushi spot in the neighbourhood at the corner of Montroyal Blvd and Capilano Road. Other popular nearby eateries include Kypriaki Mediterranean Grill on Marine Drive, Red Chilli Szechuan Restaurant on Lonsdale Ave, and the spectacular Observatory Restaurant at Grouse Mountain, offering breathtaking mountain views. In the summer, Canyon Heights’ neighbour, the Capilano Regional Park, is a great place to enjoy a picnic with your family.
Canyon Heights’ central location is extremely convenient for shopping. With Henry’s Grocery and Capilano Market on Capilano Rd just a 10 minute walk away, you don’t need to rely on the car for emergency supplies. Also nearby are Choices Markets on Marine Drive, and Edgemont Village, a small commercial area with various shops, services and eateries. Canyon Heights is also just a 10 minute drive to Park Royal Mall in West Vancouver.
Located in the extremely popular Handsworth School Catchment, Canyon Heights offers residents easy access to various elementary schools, including Highlands Elementary, Canyon Heights Elementary, Cleveland Elementary, and Montroyal Elementary. Handsworth Senior Secondary is the closest and most accessible secondary school for Canyon Heights residents.
With Canyon Heights ranking 37th most walkable neighbourhood in the district of North Vancouver, with a walk score of 27, most of its residents tend to own a car. Although some amenities and attractions are accessible by foot, Canyon Heights’ central location makes it harder to travel further out, and nearby roads offer easy access to the Upper Levels Highway and Vancouver.